Romania is a land brimming with history, culture, and natural beauty – it’s the perfect place for an outdoor getaway. In this article, we’ll be dealing with what to explore in Romania.
19 Fun Things to Explore in Romania in 2022
1. Accommodation: If you are looking for a place to stay in Romania, be sure to check out the options on booking.com. There are a variety of choice in terms of location, price and quality.
2. Outdoor activities: When it comes to exploring the country side, there are plenty of things to do such as hiking, biking and climbing. If you’re looking for something more action-packed, try rafting or diving in some of the beautiful mountain gorges.
3. Cultural experiences: Another great way to get to know Romania better is by participating in one of the many cultural experiences on offer. These can include visits to monasteries, archaeological sites or pageants.
4. gastronomy: If you’re after some delicious Romanian food, don’t forget to check out some of the best restaurants in the country. Whether you’re looking for traditional dishes or something a little more contemporary, there’s sure to be something on offer that appeals to your taste buds.
5. nightlife: If you’re feeling active after dinner, why not head out for some nightlife? There are plenty of bars and clubs around town that will have you dancing all night long
The World Heritage Site: Natural Locations
1. Bran Castle – A medieval fortress located in Transylvania, Bran Castle is a symbol of Romanian culture and history. The fortress was first built by the Getae tribe in the 10th century and then expanded byPrince Vlad III Dracul of Transylvania in 1506. After Vlad III’s death, his son, Vlad IV Masculu took control of the castle and continued to expand it. It passed through several other hands until 1876 when it was bought by Count Ioan Robert de Voghera who began restoring it. Today, Bran Castle is a popular tourist destination, with activities including exploring its many halls and towers, hiking through its well-marked trails, and tasting traditional Romanian cuisine at its numerous restaurants.\n2. Cluj-Napoca – Cluj-Napoca is a city located in Transylvania known for its Medieval architecture and shopping district. With origins dating back to the 12th century, it rose to prominence during the Ottoman era as the major center of learning in Transylvania. Today, Cluj-Napoca is home to a variety of museums displaying artifacts from Transylvania’s history as well as a thriving nightlife scene.
Romanian Food and Wine
One of the great things to explore when visiting Romania in 2022 is its food and wine. There are many restaurants that offer a variety of dishes that feature local Romanian ingredients. The wines produced in this region are some of the world’s best, and you can easily find wines from all over Romania at local markets and vineyards. If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, you can also enjoy traditional Romanian dishes such as hams and sausages.
Cultural Heritage Sites of Romania
There are a number of fantastic cultural heritage sites located in Romania which can be enjoyed by tourists in 2022. These include the city of Bucharest, home to some of the most famous architecture in Eastern Europe; Braila, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its medieval Romanian Orthodox cathedral; and the Transylvanian city of Sibiu, renowned for its baroque architecture and other historic sites. There are also many other places worth exploring in Romania such as medieval towns such as Deva and Sighisoara, as well as stunning mountain ranges such as the Carpathians and Transylvania Alps.
Romania is a country that lends itself well to tourism. From ancient ruins to picturesque villages, there are plenty of things to explore in the country in 2022. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing vacation or something more thrilling, here are 19 fun things to explore in Romania in 2022:
1. toured the birthplace of Dracula, Transylvania
2. explored Plitvice National Park- Croatia’s breathtaking waterfalls
3. saw the beauty of Sibiu- Romania’s largest city and home to impressive architecture and monuments
4. visited Brasov – a popular tourist destination that is known for its Renaissance and Baroque churches
5. sampled tasty Romanian wines at hidden vineyards
6. toured some of the beautiful mountain ranges in Romania such as Carpathians or Crişana
7. strolled through charming medieval villages like Sinaia or Calafat
8. experienced traditional Romanian folk dances such as Cântecul lui Paşte (the Easter Caroling Song) or Cântecul Craciunului (Christmas Caroling Song) at an impromptu gathering in a local village square.