Smart home technology has come a long way in recent years, and there are now a wide range of gadgets and devices that can make our homes more convenient, energy-efficient, and secure. As we look towards the future, there are a number of smart home gadgets that we can’t wait to try in 2023.
- Smart doorbells: Smart doorbells, such as the Ring and Google Nest Hello, allow you to see who is at your door from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. These doorbells have built-in cameras and microphones, and can even send alerts when someone rings the bell or activates the motion sensors.
- Smart locks: Smart locks, such as the August Smart Lock and the Schlage Sense, allow you to unlock and lock your door remotely using your smartphone. Some smart locks even have built-in cameras and microphones, so you can see and talk to visitors even when you’re not home.
- Smart thermostats: Smart thermostats, such as the Nest Learning Thermostat and the ecobee SmartThermostat, allow you to control the temperature in your home from your smartphone or tablet. These thermostats can learn your preferences and adjust the temperature accordingly, and can even turn off the heat or air conditioning when you’re not home to save energy.
- Smart lighting: Smart lighting, such as the Philips Hue and the LIFX, allows you to control the lights in your home from your smartphone or tablet. These smart bulbs can be set to turn on and off at specific times, and can even change colors to create the perfect ambiance for any occasion.
- Smart speakers: Smart speakers, such as the Amazon Echo and the Google Nest, allow you to control your smart home gadgets and access a wide range of features using voice commands. These speakers can play music, set alarms, answer questions, and even order items from online retailers.
- Smart home security cameras: Smart home security cameras, such as the Arlo and the Wyze, allow you to keep an eye on your home from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. These cameras can send alerts when they detect motion, and some even have built-in sirens to deter burglars.
- Smart plugs: Smart plugs, such as the Wemo Mini and the TP-Link Smart Plug, allow you to control any device that is plugged into them using your smartphone or tablet. These plugs can be set to turn on and off at specific times, and can even be controlled using voice commands through a smart speaker.
- Smart garage door openers: Smart garage door openers, such as the Chamberlain MyQ and the Nexx Garage, allow you to control your garage door from your smartphone or tablet. These openers can send alerts when the garage door is opened or closed, and some even have built-in cameras to allow you to see inside your garage from anywhere.
- Smart water sensors: Smart water sensors, such as the Flo by Moen and the D-Link Water Sensor, allow you to monitor for leaks and water damage in your home. These sensors can send alerts when they detect moisture, and can help to prevent costly water damage.
- Smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: Smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, such as the Nest Protect and the First Alert Onelink, allow you to monitor for fire and gas leaks in your home. These detectors can send alerts to your smartphone when they detect a problem, and can even turn off the gas or shut off the water to help prevent damage.
In conclusion, there are many exciting smart home gadgets that we can’t wait to try in 2023.