Expanding the horizons and one’s perspective can be refreshing, so here are 18 places you might have in mind to visit or experience in the UK in 2022!
18 Places to Visit in the UK
If you’re looking for some inspiration for places to visit in the UK, look no further than this list of 18 must-see destinations. From stunning natural landscapes to fascinating historical sites, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in the UK.
1. The Lake District, Cumbria
2. The Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire
3. The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
4. Snowdonia National Park, Wales
5. The Isle of Skye, Scotland
6. The Cornwall Coast, England
7. The Peak District, Derbyshire
8. The Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland
9. Hadrian’s Wall, Northumberland
10. Stonehenge, Wiltshire
11. Windsor Castle, Berkshire
12. Kensington Palace, London
13. Buckingham Palace, London
14. Leeds Castle, Kent
15. Edinburgh Castle, Scotland
16. Canterbury Cathedral, Kent
17. Oxford University & Oxford City, Oxfordshire
18. British Museum & British Library, London
Sights and Sounds of the UK
The United Kingdom is a fascinating place with a rich history and plenty of things to see and do. If you’re looking for somewhere to travel to in 2022, here are eighteen of the best places to visit in the UK:
1. London – there’s simply so much to see and do in London, from world-famous sights like Big Ben and Buckingham Palace to lesser-known gems like the Covent Garden Market.
2. Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital city is an enchanting place, with its medieval Old Town and beautiful Princes Street Gardens. Be sure to check out Edinburgh Castle while you’re there!
3. Glasgow – Glasgow is another great Scottish city to explore, with its fascinating architecture and lively nightlife scene. Don’t miss out on visiting Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum either.
4. Oxford – known as the ‘city of dreaming spires’, Oxford is home to one of the world’s most prestigious universities. Take a punt down the River Cherwell or explore one of the many college buildings whilst you’re there.
5. Cambridge – just a short train ride from Oxford is the equally lovely city of Cambridge, home to another prestigious university.
Experience Rural England at Its Best
If you’re looking for a true taste of England, there’s no better place to visit than the stunning countryside. Rural England is full of hidden gems, from quaint villages to sprawling countryside estates. And with so much to see and do, it’s the perfect place to explore on a UK holiday.
To help you plan your trip, we’ve put together a list of 18 of the best places to visit in rural England in 2022. From the picturesque Lake District to the wilds of Dartmoor National Park, there’s something for everyone. So, whether you’re looking for a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, make sure you add these destinations to your UK travel bucket list.
Foods to Try in the UK
When it comes to food, the UK has a lot to offer! From traditional English dishes to more modern fusion cuisine, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are 18 of the best places to eat in the UK:
1. The Fat Duck, Bray-on-Thames
This three Michelin starred restaurant is headed up by Heston Blumenthal and offers an unforgettable dining experience. If you’re looking for culinary excellence, this is the place to go.
2. Le Gavroche, London
Le Gavroche is another Michelin starred restaurant, this time in London. It’s been open since 1967 and is known for its classic French cuisine. If you’re visiting the UK capital, this is a must-visit spot.
3. The Ritz, London
If you want to push the boat out and really treat yourself, The Ritz should be top of your list. This iconic hotel has an amazing restaurant that serves up exquisite British dishes.
Tips for Visiting the UK
If you’re looking for a great place to visit in the UK, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are 18 of the best places to visit in the UK in 2022:
1. London – Of course, no visit to the UK would be complete without a stop in its capital city. From world-famous landmarks to amazing museums and galleries, there’s something for everyone in London.
2. Edinburgh – Scotland’s capital is a must-visit for anyone interested in history or culture. With its medieval Old Town and imposing Castle, Edinburgh is sure to impress.
3. Glasgow – Another Scottish city worth visiting is Glasgow. Known for its shipyards and industrial heritage, Glasgow also has some great architecture and a lively music scene.
4. Manchester – For football fans, a visit to Manchester is a must. Home to two of the biggest clubs in the country, Manchester is also a great city for shopping and nightlife.
5. Birmingham – Birmingham is often overlooked by visitors to the UK, but this vibrant city has plenty to offer. From its canals to its museums and art galleries, Birmingham is well worth a visit.