Hyderabad: A city where modernity shakes hand with history
Hyderabad is the capital city of the recently formed state of Telangana in south India. Hyderabad is one of the few cities in India that have become a major technological hub of the world. It is the location of some world-famous software companies and hardware manufacturers. Over the last two decades, Hyderabad has improved economically and technologically keeping its century-old traditions intact. It’s one of the few destinations in the world where modernity has not disturbed the heritage of the place. For this reason, Hyderabad is so popular among globetrotters and general tourists.
Places to visit in Hyderabad
Hyderabad offers scores of sightseeing and matters of interest. Here are some of them:
• Charminar – Like Taj Mahal in Agra or Gateway of India in Mumbai, Charminar is the signature of Hyderabad. It was built in 1591 by Mohamad Quli Qutab Shah, the founder of this famous city.
• Ramoji Film City – Spread over 1633 acre land, Ramoji film city is the largest compact film city in Hyderabad. Tour in Hyderabad can’t be completed without visiting Ramoji film city.
• Golkonda fort – The history of Golkonda fort dates back the first half of 16th century when it was just a mud fort. Later, the fort was occupied by Qutb Shahis and renovated in its present form.
• Salar Jung Museum – This is one of the three national museums in India. It is an art museum and a must visit for every tourist.
• Nehru Zoological park – Located in Mir Alam tank in Hyderabad, it is one of the oldest museums of independent India.
• Hussainsagar Lake – The lake was actually excavated in 1562 AD by Hussain Shah, which is now an amusement destination in Hyderabad.
• Qutub Sahi Tombs – It is another historical monument in Hyderabad which is the final resting place of several rulers of Shah dynasty in Hyderabad.
Besides, several other sightseeing like Mecca Masjid, Shri Jagannath Temple, Birla Mandir, Birla Science Museum, Nagarjuna Sagar dam, etc. are worth visiting in Hyderabad.
Staying in Hyderabad
There is no dearth of luxurious and budget hotels and resorts in and around Hyderabad. Hotels like Palm Exotica resort, Celebrity resort, Palm Beach hotel, Marriott hotel, etc. are the ultimate definition of comfort and luxury that anyone can expect. Even the European and American tourists prefer these top-class hotels in Hyderabad. On the other hand, Rajmata, Geetanjali, Fortune Residency, Nand International are good budget hotels extremely popular among the travelers in Hyderabad who are looking for comfortable places to stay within a restricted budget.
Food culture in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is a city with quite distinct food culture. In spite of modernization and liberal market economy, Hyderabad is still bearing its original food culture. Hyderabadi biriyani, Dum Phukt biriyani, Hyderabadi Marag, Boti Kebab, etc. are some mouthwatering, immensely popular dishes that must be tested to experience the distinctiveness of pure Hyderabadi foods.
Reaching Hyderabad is quite easy from any part of India. International tourists can reach here through several airlines services that are connecting Hyderabad (Rajiv Gandhi International Airport) with several European, American, and Arabian countries. The city is well-connected with all major cities in India through air, rail, and road.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: