Road trips are always a blast. Lots of books, music and snacks along the way. But how do you decide which route to take? With help from our friends at the American Automobile Association, we have found 5 popular road trip routes that would probably be the best idea to explore this year!
Types of Road Trips
There are many different types of road trips, from long-haul cross-country treks to shorter jaunts to nearby destinations. No matter what type of trip you’re planning, there are bound to be some great road trip ideas out there for you.
Long-Distance Road Trips: These are the classic American road trips, often taken cross-country in an RV or car. If you’re planning a long-distance road trip, you’ll want to map out your route carefully and make sure you have plenty of rest stops planned along the way.
Weekend Road Trips: Perfect for a quick getaway, weekend road trips can be taken to destinationsnearby or even a few hours away. Whether you’re looking to explore a new city or just escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, a weekend road trip is a great option.
Daytrips: Sometimes all you need is a daytrip to clear your head and rejuvenate yourself. Daytrips can be taken close to home or even just an hour or two away. Regardless of where you go, a daytrip is a great way to relax and escape the grind.
Places to Visit in the US
There are an endless amount of places to visit in the US, no matter what type of road trip you’re looking for. Here are a few of our favorite places to visit:
If you’re looking for a classic American road trip, there’s no better place to start than the Route 66. This iconic route runs from Chicago to Los Angeles, and is full of history and culture. Along the way, you’ll see some of America’s most beautiful scenery, and can stop in small towns to get a taste of true Americana.
For a more off-the-beaten-path road trip, head to the Pacific Northwest. This region is full of natural beauty, from the majestic mountains to the stunning coastline. There are also plenty of quaint towns and cities to explore, like Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver.
If you’re looking for a road trip that’s packed with adventure, head to Alaska. This wild state is home to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, from towering glaciers to lush forest. And there’s plenty to do besides admire the views, like hiking, fishing, and kayaking.
No matter what kind of road trip you’re looking for, there’s sure to be a perfect destination waiting for you in the US.
Places to Visit Outside the US
The world is a big place with plenty of destinations to explore. If you’re looking for some road trip ideas that take you outside the United States, here are a few places to add to your list:
Canada: From the bustling city of Toronto to the scenic beauty of Niagara Falls, there’s plenty to see and do in Canada. For a truly unique experience, head north to Churchill, Manitoba to view the amazing Northern Lights.
Mexico: A road trip through Mexico is the perfect way to experience the country’s vibrant culture and rich history. Start in Mexico City and make your way down to the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan or visit one of the many beautiful beaches along the coast.
Australia: Australia is an immense country with countless natural wonders to explore. Drive along the Great Ocean Road for breathtaking coastal views, stroll through Melbourne’s lively markets, or get up close and personal with wildlife in Kangaroo Island.
These are just a few of the many wonderful places to discover beyond America’s borders. So get out there and start planning your next international road trip today!
Food To Bring
spending time in the great outdoors usually means packing your own food. After all, you can’t always rely on there being a McDonald’s right off the highway. But what to bring?
For short trips, focus on non-perishable snacks and quick, easy-to-prepare meals. Pack items like nuts and granola bars for snacks and instant oatmeal or ramen noodles for breakfast or lunch. For longer road trips, you’ll want to bring along more substantial fare. Consider packing a cooler with things like sandwiches, fruit, and yogurts for lunchtime picnics. And don’t forget the essential road trip snack: chips!
Bring along any special dietary items you might need, like gluten-free snacks or baby food. And don’t forget to pack plenty of water and drinks to stay hydrated throughout your journey.
What To Pack for a Road Trip
There’s nothing quite like a road trip. The freedom of the open road, the wind in your hair, and the endless possibilities for adventure make road trips one of the best ways to explore. But before you hit the pavement, you need to make sure you’re prepared.
Packing for a road trip can be a challenge, especially if you’re not sure where you’re going or what you’ll be doing. But with a little planning and some helpful tips, you can be sure to have everything you need for an epic journey.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when packing for a road trip:
1. Pack light: It’s tempting to pack everything but the kitchen sink when you’re embarking on a long road trip, but trust us, less is more. You don’t want to be lugging around a heavy suitcase full of clothes you never wear, so stick to the essentials. A few changes of clothes, your toiletries, and any medications you need should do the trick.
2. Bring snacks: Road trip snacks are essential. Not only will they save you money by keeping you from stopping for every meal, but they’ll also keep your energy up for all those hours on the road. Pack some healthy snacks like nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables, whole grain crackers, and yogurt cups. And don’t forget the sweets! A little sugar will help keep your energy up when things get tough.
Experiences Worth Taking on a Road Trip
There are many different types of experiences that can be had on a road trip. However, there are some experiences that are worth taking on a road trip. Here are some experiences worth taking on a road trip:
1. Visit different towns and cities – A road trip is the perfect opportunity to explore different towns and cities. You can stop at different places along the way and explore them at your own pace.
2. Take in the scenery – A road trip is also a great opportunity to take in the scenery. You can stop at different scenic spots along the way and enjoy the beauty of nature.
3. Meet new people – A road trip is a great opportunity to meet new people. You can stop at different places along the way and meet new people. This is a great way to make new friends and learn about different cultures.
4. Have fun – A road trip should be fun! This is an opportunity to relax and have fun with your friends or family. Make sure to plan activities that everyone will enjoy so that you can all have a good time together.
Tips For Planning A Cheap And Enjoyable Road Trip
If you’re looking for cheap and enjoyable road trip ideas, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider your destination. If you’re looking to stay close to home, there are plenty of great road trip destinations within a few hours’ drive. However, if you’re willing to travel further, you can find even more amazing destinations.
Next, think about what type of activities you want to do on your trip. If you enjoy hiking or biking, look for destinations that offer these activities. If you prefer to relax and sightsee, choose destinations with plenty of interesting attractions.
Finally, consider your budget. There are plenty of ways to save money on a road trip, from camping instead of staying in hotels to cooking your own meals instead of eating out. With a little planning, you can have an incredible and affordable road trip.