Thailand is becoming one of the most popular travel destinations in Asia, from Bangkok to Phuket it is a must place for visitors to enjoy not only its fantastic food but its culture as well. Whether you are passing through on your travels or staying in Thailand, take some time out and check out these great restaurants that offer arguably the best food in Thailand.
What makes Thailand’s best restaurants stand out?
There is no definitive answer, but some of the key factors may be exquisite food, innovative menus, and elegant settings. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner or a sensational dining experience, these top restaurants will fulfill all your cravings.
First up is Akarapura Restaurant in Bangkok. This Michelin-starred restaurant is known for its creative modern Thai cuisine that showcases the best of the country’s produce. The inventive menu changes regularly, so be sure to check it out before your next meal.
Another top choice in Bangkok is Siam Noir, which is widely considered to be one of the city’s best fine-dining experiences overall. The sophisticated setting and unparalleled wine list make this definitely one NOT to miss.
Moving on to Isaan North Thailand, the cuisine here is an interesting mix of indigenous flavors with influences from neighboring countries including Laos and Cambodia. There are plenty of excellent local restaurants that can cater to any taste, but if you’re looking for something truly unique then head over to JJ Fish Head in Wang Buri – home to some of Thailand’s most unusual seafood dishes ever tasted.
The Top 10 Best Restaurants in Thailand
Food is at the heart of Thailand, and there’s no shortage of excellent restaurants in the country. From traditional Thai dishes to international favourites, these are some of the best places to eat in Thailand.
1. Benjarong Restaurant
Benjarong Restaurant is a top choice for Thai food lovers who want to experience something different. This restaurant features Japanese, Thai and European cooking all together in one place. It’s a great place to try new dishes, or relive memories of old favourites.
2. Siam Bounty House
Siam Bounty House is another top choice for those looking for delicious food with a blend of traditional and modern cooking. You’ll find everything from noodles and rice dishes to stir-fries and burgers on the menu here. There’s also a wide variety of cocktails and mocktails available to wash it all down.
3. Bin 36
Bin 36 is perfect if you’re looking for something authentically Thai. The restaurant features an extensive selection of traditional dishes, as well as some more modern twists on classic recipes. If you’re feeling adventurous, try something off the menu!
Background of food in Thailand
Food in Thailand is a reflection of the country’s diverse culture and history. There are many traditional dishes that have been adapted over the years to meet the needs of modern Thai eaters. Along with traditional favourites, contemporary Thai cuisine has also developed into an exciting and innovative field, with chefs experimenting with new ingredients and techniques to create new and memorable dishes.
There are a number of excellent restaurants in Thailand that offer absolute foodie heaven for discriminating diners. Whether you’re after Thai classics or something more daring, these establishments have it all. Here’s a summary of the best restaurants for absolute foodie heaven in Thailand:
1) Bangkok Garden Restaurant is a top favourite for traditional Thai cuisine that’s been superbly executed. The focus is on fresh ingredients and careful preparation, which results in authentic, delicious food that’s beautifully presented.
2) Siam Square Restaurant offers a unique dining experience that takes visitors on a journey through Thailand’s history. Its extensive menu features many exciting new twists on classic Thai dishes, augmenting an already varied selection of impressive offerings.
3) Yaowarat Road Restaurant is an institution among Bangkok foodies and devotees from all around the world.
Thai Street Food
If you’re looking for delectable eats that will take your taste buds on a wild ride, head to Thailand for some of the best street food around. From savory curries to sweet and sour pork, there’s no limit to what you can find here. Here are five of Thailand’s best restaurants for absolute foodie heaven.
1. Sakae Sushi located in Bangkok’s Banglamphu district offers an incredible variety of sushi dishes, all made with fresh fish and flown in daily from Japan. The atmosphere is sleek and contemporary, perfect for a night out with friends.
2. Hua Hin’s famous Kuay Tiaw restaurant is famous not just for its delicious food – which includes plenty of traditional Thai dish such as larb and kaeng kuey teow – but also because the owner is a mud wrestler! If you’re looking to get really up close and personal with some tasty eats, this is the place to go.
3. Asiatique is Bangkok’s most luxurious Thai restaurant, but don’t let the price tag scare you – their exquisite dishes will leave you feeling spoiled rotten.
Behind the scenes and Storytelling
If you’re looking for a truly unique dining experience, Thailand has some of the best restaurants in the world. From relaxed candlelit dinners to Michelin-starred fine-dining experiences, these restaurants will transport you to a whole other world.
Sripraphai : hands down, Sripraphai is one of the top Thai restaurants in the world. Situated on the 5th floor of a restored 19th century building in Bangkok’s historic Silom district, this elegant restaurant is decorated with beautiful antique lacquerwork and traditional Thai furniture. The focus is 100% traditional Thai cuisine – from the appetizers such as deep-fried papaya salad with shrimp paste and chicken liver sauce to classic Isaan dishes like green curry duck with mixed vegetables. The prices are very reasonable for such high quality food, making this a great choice for budget-minded foodies as well.