With a wet and humid climate, trips to Indonesia are tough on people who enjoy a dry and cool climate that feels similar to it is at home for them. With climate aside what the country has prove to be quite an attractive travel destination for tourists that loves to taste not only international cuisine but also dishes of this island’s own dishes. We would now be taking you on our journey in food trip of some restaurants with their menu as follows,
8 food places in Indonesia for travellers
Indonesia is a food lover’s paradise, with a fascinating array of dishes to try. Here are 11 of the best places to eat in Indonesia, from street food stalls to fine dining restaurants.
1. Warung Ibu Oka – This humble warung in Ubud is famed for its babi guling (roast pork), and rightly so. The succulent pork is roasted over a fire for hours, and served with rice, Lawar (chopped vegetables with coconut), and sambal (chili sauce).
2. Sate KLopo Pak Man – This popular satay stall in Jakarta serves up some of the best sate in the city. The chicken satay here is marinated in a special recipe of spices and grilled to perfection, before being served with a delicious peanut sauce.
3. Nasi Goreng Kari Ayam – This hearty dish of fried rice with chicken curry is a staple of Indonesian cuisine, and can be found all over the country. It’s the perfect meal to fuel your day of sightseeing or exploring.
4. Bakso Malang Pak Yes – Bakso is an Indonesian meatball soup, and this stall in Malang serves up some of the best bakso in all of Indonesia. The beef balls are cooked perfectly and floating in a rich broth, making for a hearty and satisfying meal.
5. Gado-Gado Boplo – Gado-gado is a popular Indonesian salad made with blanched vegetables, tofu, and tempeh, all served in a peanut sauce. This stall in Jakarta serves up a delicious version of the dish, with fresh vegetables and a tantalising peanut sauce.
6. Nasi Campur Bali – Nasi campur is a Balinese dish of mixed rice, and this warung in Ubud serves up some of the best nasi campur on the island. The rice is mixed with an array of different dishes, including chicken, tempeh, and tofu, making for a tasty and filling meal.
7. Soto Ayam Lamongan Pak Haji – This humble warung in Lamongan is famed for its soto ayam, a chicken soup cooked in aromatic spices. The soup is served with rice, noodles, and a side of crackers, making for a hearty and satisfying meal.
8. Bakso Malang Kota – This bakso stall in Malang serves up some of the best bakso in the city. The beef balls are cooked perfectly and floating in a rich broth, making for a hearty and satisfying meal.
What to eat at each location
Indonesia is well-known for its diverse range of cuisines, and there are plenty of great places to eat no matter where you are in the country. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, here are some of the best food places in Indonesia for travellers:
1. Warung Pojok – This warung (traditional Indonesian eatery) is famous for its nasi goreng (Indonesian fried rice), which comes with a variety of toppings and side dishes.
2. Gudeg Yu Djum – A must-try when in Jakarta, gudeg is a traditional Javanese dish made from young jackfruit that is slow-cooked in coconut milk and spices. Gudeg Yu Djum serves up some of the best gudeg in town.
3. Batavia Café – Located in Jakarta’s Old Town, Batavia Café offers an extensive menu of Indonesian and Dutch dishes. The beef rendang (spiced beef stew) is a must-try!
1. Dewa Ruci – This warung in Kuta is open 24 hours and serves up cheap and delicious Indonesian food. The nasi goreng here is particularly good.
Indonesia is a massive archipelago with more than 17,000 islands, so it’s no surprise that the food here is just as diverse. From Jakarta to Bali and beyond, there are countless unique places to eat.
Here are some of the best food places in Indonesia for travellers:
1. Nasi Goreng Cannot Be Missed in Indonesia
Nasi goreng is a fried rice dish that is popular all over Indonesia. It can be made with chicken, beef, or shrimp, and is often served with a fried egg on top.
2. Mie Goreng Is another Favourite Indonesian Dish
Mie goreng is a type of fried noodle dish that is also popular throughout Indonesia. It can be made with chicken, beef, or shrimp, and usually has vegetables like cabbage and carrots mixed in.
3. Satay Is a Must-Try When Visiting Indonesia
Satay is skewered meat that is grilled or barbecued over an open fire. It’s typically served with a peanut sauce for dipping, and can be found all over Indonesia.
4. Gado-Gado Is a Healthy vegetarian Option
Gado-gado is an Indonesian salad made with boiled vegetables and tofu, then covered in a peanut sauce dressing. It’s a healthy option for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike.